From the land of bigger and better, we bring to you some mind blowing statistics!
Check out the August issue of TCI Magazine. Their accident report is always a fresh reminder of how important it is to have the right equipment and adequate training!
Lessons from 2016
Some key facts from the Tree Care Industry Association’s 2016 statistics:
- There were 153 tree care-related occupational incidents, 92 of them were fatal.
- 77% of incidents reported occurred within companies who were not members of their training programs.
- Comparing 2016 with previous years, they reported 79, 81 and 87 occupational fatalities in 2013, 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- The youngest victim we recorded was 18, the oldest was 70. The median age of the victim (all incidents) was 39.
This relatively high median age suggests that complacency rather than ignorance plays a significant role in these incidents. Supporting this claim:
- The typical fall victim was unsecured
- The typical struck-by victim remained in the drop zone
- The typical electrocution victim violated MAD and made contact through a conductive tool/object.
Be competent, be trained! TCI EXPO 2017
For top industry advice attend the training conferences at the TCI Expo in Columbus Ohio USA in November this year.
Arbortec will be exhibiting there, stay tuned for more details soon! https://expo.tcia.org/
Our products are available from distributors across the US and Canada.
Find your nearest dealer here https://www.arbortecforestwear.com/dealer-locator.